library and rules
Official Rules for Markland Activities
Markland Unified Fencing Rules
Re-creational Fighting Rules
Fratricidal Fighting Rules
Rules For Using Horses
PDFs and links to past Online plague stories and editions
More Links and stories coming soon!
Archive of Stories posted on the Online Enewsletter
Library and Research
The Cooks Corner!
- A couple recipes to help you along the way on your feasts.
Unofficial Markland Songbook
- Sing along and know the actual words.
Rec Battle Scenarios
Steel Qualifiers, Qualified & Apprentices
- An Excellent guide for those new to our group
Old Norse/English Dictionary
- A few websites that will help translate Old Norse and English.
- Sean Geddie (MdMMM) reports on Germania by Tacitus.
The Newbie's Lament
- Royal Bard Contest song winner 2004.
How it all began
- Find out from the horses mouth how Markland actually got started.
Basic Markland Clothing Guide
- This guide will cover the basics for viking era garb so you can attend any event looking cool.
Titles in Markland
- The Witans word on titles in Markland to clear up confusion.
- A piece of Marklands History.
Physics of Viking Sailing Ships
- Excellent anf informative article on Viking Ships.
- A Guide. How to make a brat? it's a celtic cloak silly! Read on.
To Make a Cote
- A great guide to making the ever popular Cote.
- Get a Torc! Everyones doing it.
Amber (Origins, Types, Fakes)
- An excellent article on Amber.
Comical Armour Terminology
- Some basic Comical Armour Terminology with pictures!
Norman Kite Shields
- This is a fine little guide for making period rec shields.
East Central European Kingdoms
- All about St. Patrick.
Clontarf "The Great Turning Point"
- More Viking History.
The Norman Claim of 1066
- A nice history about the Normans.
The Militia, Where I Learned to Fight with an Ax
- Long but very fun.
First Aid Kits
- First Aid Kits. 'nuff said.
Let There Be Light!
- Now there is no reason not to have period lighting.
- This is an excellent list of books covering Norman and Saxon topics. Some with descriptions.
So, you're going to sleep on the ground?
- This is an Excellent article for anyone who is camping. Especially with winter coming on.
The Medieval Roots of Chess
- A nice intro to the history of games and chess in specific.
Anglo-Soxons and Viking Hosen
- A more detailed look at research for the hosen we wear.
Spinning Straw into Gold
- How they made fibers to sew with. An excellent intro.
- A Mongol Way of Doing Things Part 1: Arms, Armor and Warfare.
Now you can take
A different angle on history.
How to Scrounge
- Scrounge with pride and look good doing it.
All rights reserved.
Markland Medieval Mercenary Militia, Ltd.
P.O. Box 715, Greenbelt, MD 20768-0715